The power supply unit of the FLS 9 consists of a shielded toroidal transformer with 1,000 watts. It feeds a capacitor bank with 120,000 μF storage capacity and eight analog circuits. An additional transformer provides circuitry for the display, processor and LEDs, so that their interference does not disturb the signals of the music. Twelve transistors belong to each channel, which are mirror-balanced. The headphone output was adopted from the FLS 10.
The accessories include an aluminum remote that allows volume control in 0.5 dB steps. The display of the FLS 9 is dimmable. The individual inputs in the amplifier's menu can be named differently, deactivated or switched so that the FLS 9 can be integrated as a power amplifier in a home theater.
Weighing 25.5 kilos, the FLS 9 is available immediately* and costs around €5,950 MSRP*.
Technical Data according to the Manufacturer:
- Inputs: 2 x Balanced XLR, 3 x Unbalanced RCA, 2 x Optional Slot Inputs
- Outputs: 1 x Balanced XLR, 1 x Unbalanced RCA, 1 x Unbalanced RCA (Tape Out), 2 x Loudspeaker Outputs (parallel for Bi-Wiring), 1 x Headphone Output
- Input Impedance: 47 kΩ Balanced or Unbalanced
- Gain Range: -90 dB to 10 dB
- Gain Resolution: 0,5 dB Steps
- Frequency Response: (1 Watt RMS, -3 dB) 0,3 Hz – 500 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 0,05 %
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 110 dB
- Output Power per Channel (1 Watt RMS): 150 W/290 W (8 Ω/4 Ω)
- Damping Factor (at 8 Ω): > 500
- Power Consumption (Maximum): 650 W
- Standby Power Consumption: < 1 W
- Dimensions and Weight: 450 x 150 x 440 mm³ (W x H x D); 25,5 kg
*Availability and Price for Germany.