The trio consists of highly acclaimed musicians Lennart Ginman on bass, Thomas Blachman on drums and Carsten Dahl on piano. On "The Velvet Blues" they play Jazz evergreens of well-known artists like Cole Porter or Miles Davis as well as some of the trio's own compositions. The album was recorded and mixed by Thomas Vang in the Copenhagen Village Studios. The mastering for vinyl, CD and high-resolution download was done by Björn Engelman in Stockholm's "The Cutting Room". The 13 Tracks of the CD and 11 of the 180g LP are intended to deliver a very high quality, dynamic and natural sound experience, making listening tests easier while simultaneously providing sophisticated material for musical enjoyment.
The CD, LP and download are available in Europe from the DALI web shop and cost €25 (CD), €33 (LP) and €15 (download). In addition, numerous authorised DALI dealers will soon be offering the album for sale.
- NIGHT AND DAY(Cole Porter)
- THE BLUES PACE (GinmanBlachmanDahl)
- SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW (Harold Arlen/Yip Harburg)
- INTO THE RAIN (GinmanBlachmanDahl)
- BLUE IN GREEN (Miles Davis)
- ALL THE THINGS YOU ARE (Jerome Kern/Oscar Hammerstein)
- THE BEAT (GinmanBlachmanDahl)
- SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME (Frank Churchill/Larry Morey)
- AS WE SPEAK (GinmanBlachmanDahl)
- THE BLUE MAGIC (GinmanBlachmanDahl)
- FREDDIE FREELOADER (Miles Davis)
- WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR (Leigh Harline/Ned Washington)
- SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW (Session)